Monday, November 21, 2011

Autobiographical Narrative

Rossy R.
Autobiographical Narrative Final Draft
November 21, 2011
Period 4

        Here is how it all started. I was 11 in 2009 now it is 2011, do the math. Anyway, I was living with my mom in an upstairs apartment. I was like any other normal kid in my neighborhood, I would do homework, go outside, and hang out with friends and the whole thing. I used to think doing something bad made you feel bad so then you thought you were bad. This is how I used to be, “bad.”
        At first I was at my mom’s house doing my homework like a normal kid. Then I looked out the window and saw my friends trying to get my attention. For a second I didn’t know if I should stay and do my homework or go outside. I thought to myself “If I stay I will finish and get bored, but if I go outside I can hang out with my friends and do my homework later.” So then, I go to my mom tell her my homework is finished and walk outside. I saw my friends on the stairs. We all sat there for like couple of minutes. Later we all somehow randomly chose to play fight each other. I had to fight against my friend Adriana. We all had to choose a place to fight. But we chose the laundry room. My friend and I just started swinging and throwing punches at each other. We ended up all the across the apartments and somehow she pushed me against the glass window. …
IT BROKE!!!! She didn’t feel bad, I was the one who felt bad, I felt terrible. What was I going to tell my mom?
        All my friends ran and I stood there like the statue of liberty. I had the thought and feeling inside to run but I chose not to. I was too young to think about responsibility and choosing the bad decision. Then my neighbor came out and yelled at me. At first I was scared because she wasn’t very pretty looking but I got used to it. I went to walk at the park nearby. I stayed there for an hour and tried to figure how and why it happened. I walked home and as soon as I could see where my apartment was I knew what was coming... I walked in the house and the first thing I saw was my mom laying on her bed crying.
        “What’s wrong” I asked her
        “What am I going to do with you” she mumbled under her breath
        At first I thought it was normal for a parent to say that to their child but then I realized after a while she really meant it. I knew this because she had said this many times but this time she said it when she was crying. In the beginning I thought “Hey it’s just broken glass” but no, the only reason why I thought that was because I didn’t have to pay for anything. I felt terrible because we were close to being homeless and I was over here “having fun” breaking glass. I had a month of being grounded. That month went by slow. I was bored everyday I came home. Honestly I did deserve it.
        During this I felt compassionate, I felt like the bigger person taking responsibility for my friends and I. I learned a lot during this situation. This is one of the times that I became compassionate by taking a responsibility that was in fact mine to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment