Monday, February 6, 2012

Poetry Previous Knowledge Paragraph

Prompt B: Would you rather read a story or a poem?
            I would rather read a story. I choose a story because most stories explain what they main subject or moral is, but poems use similes it uses hyperboles and all types of other things that make a poem sound exiting or interesting to read, My opinion is that poems are interesting to read but I think stories are easier to understand because stories don't have more complicated sentences and things that are comparing in order for you to understand what the next sentence is going to be about.
            Poem has never been my thing. If I write a poem I am surprised at myself but I write stories easier. Writing is my favorite subject but I would rather write a story rather than write a poem also because I can give the main point right in the story not like poems you have to put in rhymes, hard core vocabulary and other things.
            I like reading stories. My favorites are Auto-biography. I like when authors just tell me in the story "I got shot yesterday" instead of “I felt the pain in my shoulder as it bled through my shirt, feeling the bullet I could not move." I think it is easier to read a small sentence letting me know what is going on.

1 comment:

  1. I also struggle when I attempt to write poetry. I have found tat it is easier if I try to follow an existing format, such as an haiku. Have you tried that?

    ReplyDelete